Friday, October 07, 2005

There's always a siren singing you to shipwreck.

My dear jesus hanging on a cross...

I'm so fucking tired right now. Just tired. Really, really tired. This is the second day in a row that I've had to defend my moral, spiritual and political standing more then TWICE in a day. And not the short, "Fuck you" conversations, the really, really long ones. Which, um... those are draining. If I have to explain AGAIN to someone what a non-monogamous relationship is, what I worship, and how much Bush is a fucking asshole, I think I'm going to explode.

And then, above all, there's finals next week. NEXT WEEK. As in, this weekend I shouldn't surface from my textbooks. And shit, I let my room get into such a mess I can barely walk.

...I really want to play a video game right now, and maybe get a little drunk.

I have a "I'll do it tomorrow" mentality I really need to break. And I have that "but..." surfacing up in my psyche but NOT RIGHT NOW. I have to study. Shit fuck.

This is going to break me. I know it.

Wanna hear what I gotta do? Now I know, it's a HELL of a lot less then what I'd be doing if I was going for my bachelors, masters, doctorate right now, but this is a little stressful for ME right NOW.

Anyway... in English I'm writing an 8-12 page paper (no shortcuts by going up on a font size, either) on the pro's and con's of the fast food empire. I'm reading, "Fast Food Nation" by Eric Schlosser, which I haven't made much of a dent in, so I really need to finish that tonight so I can cite it in my works. I really love the stuff I've gotten from it so far, but I KNOW there's more in there that'll be even more sinful. That and I've seen "Supersize Me", have personal interviews from friends that have worked in the fast food places, and have accessed the McDonald's website (will research more chains later) about 20,000 times.

Algebra is the exam. The big one. All 6 chapters we've covered in the last eight weeks. I'm going through all the chapter and then section reviews. Going through all my previous tests. Anything that I can't figure out IMMEDIATLEY I must STUDY.

Philosophy is not exam time, thank god. But I do need to write four 4-page essays on the chapters I've "read" so far. So lots of writing...

lots...
of...
studying...

Now I need a drink.

Will talk later. Need food. Need study. Need sleep. You'll hear from me in about a week, probably.

Your quotes (it's a double this time since you won't be seeing me for a while)

"To fear love is to fear life and those who fear life are already three-parts dead."
-Bertrand Russell

"He who fights too long against the monster becomes the monster himself; And if you gaze too long into the abyss, the abyss will gaze into you."
-Nietzsche

"Try to love someone who you want to hate. Because they're just like you. Somewhere inside. In a way you may never expect, in a way that resounds so deeply inside you that you cannot believe it."
-Margaret Cho

"To live a creative life, we must loose our fear of being wrong."
-Joseph Chilton Pearce

2 Comments:

Blogger D.B. Echo said...

"Collapse" and "Fast Food Nation"? If you just picked up "The Outlaw Sea", "The Ancestor's Tale", "Defining The World", "The New Yorker Book Of Cartoons", and "The War Of The Worlds" (red cover with bonus CD of the radio broadcast), I will be officially creeped out.

I bought "Fast Food Nation" because of Mr. Spurlock's recommendation on "Supersize Me". And like I said, the commentary track is like having a second documentary on the DVD. Play it while you're writing and maybe you'll hear something useful. (I really must pick up a copy of that disc for myself...you would think that we would get free copies for doing such a fine job of Authoring it in the first place!)

Goodnight, and Good Luck!

4:42 PM  
Blogger D.B. Echo said...

Sorry, "Defining The World" is actually called "The Meaning Of Everything", and is the story of the OED. It's written by the same guy who wrote "The Professor and The Madman", which was also the story of the OED. I bought all of these books in my last QPB order.

7:03 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home