Saturday, September 03, 2005

I've got a hunger twisting my stomach into knots.

I ith bored.

And extremley unsatisfied in so many ways. Just by stuff that should usually satisfy me. The only thing I'm really excited about is that this is my first time in the school career (when I'm not being homeschooled) that I have 100% in all catergories. Kickass.

Today I went to RenFest. It was annoyingly boring. You want to know why? Cause usually I enjoy it...

Alright, gas prices went up to $2.99 over here. Now that may not sound like much to you peeps out there on the coasts, but this is hella expensive out here. I remember it being $.98 a gallon only three or four years ago. It's about 4 tanks of gas round trip to the RenFest location outside of downtown Kansas City, Kansas. That's $12. Then there's the admission fee... blah, blah, but it seemed like I spent some $30 trying to get into a place where they wanted me to spent several hundred more. And I just do not have that kind of money. Seriously, I do not.

I know that I have a job, but I'm payed only every two weeks, and since there was the whole switch of ownership thing going on, it's going to be friday after next that I get in. I got a hundred dollars for my b-day, spent forty on... stuff. Thirty, like I said, on getting there and getting in, and then twenty to spend inside. And that's really not the amount you should have. Seeing as water was two dollars a friggen bottle and they wouldn't refil the fucking things so you had to walk all the way back to the entrance.

They've raised their prices from a few years ago and there's less celebrations. So I'm basically paying to pay. And that doesn't make any sense.

I will be going again at the end of the festivel, when prices are low and haggling is to be done and I have more cash in my pocket. I just hope that the prices for gas don't rocket again.

Grr, grumble, grumble. It's like 95 degrees out plus humidity and I was in my Red Queen outfit. I really couldn't do heat. My poor week Irish/German skin was going all balistic and "WHAT THE HELL DO YOU THINK YOU'RE DOING TO ME!!!??".

Heh.

Damn.

I wish it had been better, but I'm just so bloody poor right now and I feel like shit because of it. I really wanted to buy Eddie a 9-month anniversery (September 1st) present, and I did, but it was a lot less then what I wanted to spend. I just couldn't. And wanting something so horribly and not getting it... well, is cliche. But it's still really annoying.

Er grumble, grumble. I really wanted to have a good time, damn it. I wish Jackie had been with me. She seems to siphen her weirdness from RenFest. It screams her attitude when I go there and I just want her by me. Even if not intimatley, she just makes the entire scene comes alive. Otherwise I'm just another tourist. Even in my kickass Red Queen outfit. Or as some people call it, the "Boobies on Parade" outfit.

=)

That's all for now. Hopefully things will get better soon. Everyone have a wonderful weekend and a beautiful Labor Day.

Your two quotes for the day:

"Change is doing what you're afraid to do. There can be no courage unless you are afraid."
-Eddie Rickenbacker

"Things do not change; we do."
-Henry David Thoreau

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home