Wednesday, October 26, 2005

I'll be waiting there

Attention: Attention: Attention:
The shit has hit the fan.

Well, looks like I'll be getting an apartment at the end of the month. Sooner then I had estimated I would be getting an apartment of any sorts. I know that right now--at my current funds--moving to California would be a big mistake. I still plan to move in June-July. But right now I cannot afford it.

And will I be able to afford it in June-July?

Good question. Not really. But I'll have more then I do now and probably a little bit of assistance. Which is always a good thing.

So, pretty much, my mother is tired of my attitude. Which is kind of the result of thousands of years of evolution reaching the point of 16,17,18 where you and your parents just do not get along. And I've reached the breaking point and was told to leave.

Yup.

Right now she has to deal with me for another couple of weeks until the apartment is finalized, but it shouldn't be the hardest thing in the world. I'm actually going to be making a trip to the unemployment and food stamps offices pretty shortly to see if I qualify. Who knows. No one really does, but a friends sister says it probably will. Then again, I'm taking this as reliable sources.

Looks like all the mistakes I didn't want to be making, all the places I didn't want to be at, I am officially at/making. I'm not particularly proud of myself right now, but I have the feeling it's for the best.

So that's what's been happening in my life recently.

Besides getting the writing back. Which was shiny.

And thus goes life. Ever-changing, ever-evolving, ever-flowing. David says he wished it could have gone different (he's kinda depressed right now), but I told him that some things just have to happen. You know, like that whole cocoon and butterfly metaphor.

There you go.

Good news is; I get to keep a lot of my stuff. The bad news is; I don't know if I'll be able to survive.

Two quotes:

"As soon as man does not take his existance for grated, but beholds it as something unfathonably mysterious, though begins."
-Albern Schweitzer

"'There is no hope.'
'We're both alive, and for all I know, that is hope'"
-"Henry II" The Lion in Winter

2 Comments:

Blogger D.B. Echo said...

Ummm, wow.

I have no idea what's going on, but I wish you the best.

5:52 PM  
Blogger Super G said...

I've been checking your blog on occasion as a link through d.b. echo's blog.

Take care. Find a way to post if you can as we'll be thinking about you.

I hope you can follow these rules:

Don't be afraid to ask others for help.

Don't give up on your family even if it takes a (very) long time to reconcile (though I realize sometimes do have to give up and move on).

Find out what other community resources you might have access to and then access them.

Try to get through this period without turning to illegal or degrading activities, etc.

Try to keep yourself in safe places.

Everyone gets knocked down more than once, always get up as fast as you can. (This takes practice so allow that it is not always easy).

Allow yourself to believe good things will happen if you take positive actions for yourself and those around you.

You may find you are stronger, smarter, and more capable than you ever thought.

Good luck.

7:24 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home