Thursday, July 06, 2006

Hold it down, dare.

Well, things are actually looking really, really good. It is fucking amazing how I can be so happy in the midst of... well, poverty.

I mean, so what? I have less then five dollars in my wallet and that’s between my father and I for the rest of the groceries I may not have gotten with the ten that he gave me. I'm eating a lot of freezer foods and packaged foods and that's not exactly my preference but at the same time, I know there's going to be time for other things in the future. I'm hopeful, finally.

No, seriously, things are looking fantastic. I'm working on a project at my dads shop and its turning out beautifully, I'm really proud of myself. I've started the large and laborious task of cleaning up Bev's apartment. Not out of obligation, really, but out of gratitude. I mean, the woman barely knows me and she's opened her doors to me, trusted me with the charge of caring for her only daughter and she trusts me. I think. Even if she doesn't, I appreciate every single thing she's doing for me right now.

And... I've finally found a radio station. It makes me so happy. I mean, the Buzz was MY favorite, favorite, above favorite, radio station back in KC. Now I've found something else, which reminds me a lot of the Buzz. There's so many other things here, too. I'm finally, really, stretching out.

I had to remain in a bit of a shell for a while when I first got here. I mean, it was big change and change does not come exactly easy for me at first. I hide. But after I hide, I grow, and I spread and I try and consume every piece of information, every bit of the atmosphere, try to find my roots. So yeah, change is hard, it's not the easiest thing I've gone through, and there were a couple times when I regretted coming out here in the first place, I won't lie. I got really weak there for a while. But now, things are really looking up.

In the next few weeks, our financial situation should stabilize and in that is more opportunity for me to expand in the area. Right now, though, I'm strapping in for the ride, cause its one hell of a ride.

Much love, my good friends,

-Teigra-

"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently and die gallantly. Specialization is for insects."

-Robert A. Heinlein

P.S.--

I've now officially dropped from a size 15 in women's to a size 12. In four months. Hurrah for me??!!!!

1 Comments:

Blogger D.B. Echo said...

I knew that was Heinlein before I got to the bottom. But what story? It's not from The Number of the Beast, is it?

Drop me an e-mail sometime. My address is in the contact information on my site.

6:19 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home